Search This Blog

Saturday 22 July 2017

God came to my bed


During the night God came to my bed
and when He came the illness fled,
the cough that had me up at night
sped away at God’s healing might.

God also came to heal my head
and do the things that He had said,
for somehow I had stopped believing,
given in to thoughts that were deceiving.

He also tended to my tumultuous soul
for contact with others had taken its toll
and He knew how cruel mankind could be,
and had responded to my desperate plea.

God tended to my bruised human shell
with water from His life-giving well
and restored me to who He had made
unwilling to simply let me fade.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment