Search This Blog

Thursday 8 June 2017

Living waters


As I lift the bottled water to my lips
I remember Him Who promised more,
flowing abundantly, and not mere sips,
from His inexhaustible rich store.

Where could I find this source of life
for which my parched soul craves?
I find it not through toil and strife,
but freely from the One Who saves.

In prayer, I hold my lips up to Him
to fill with the living water of His Spirit
and He fills me up to the very brim
to make me the vessel He inhabits.

Rooted in the vine, watered from above,
may my life become a sacrifice of love.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs to receive regular updates by email, by simply registering your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment