Search This Blog

Saturday 20 May 2017

Fulfilled by God


I wish to share a poem with you today that was developed to be a song. Yet, I have never gotten around to composing a melody for it. In the meantime, may you find value in the words. This song is about searching for God without realizing that this is what is missing from your life.

I’ve been running on empty for too long
Lord, hear the hollow reverb of my song
All You’ve ever given is now gone,
I am quite spent and all alone

Chorus
Lord, hear my plea
and answer me,
Turn your ear to hear
and draw me near

Lord, I’ve been searching for someone
in a multitude of faces come and gone
Why is it that I never seemed to know
it was You I looked for high and low
Chorus

Lord, I have come through many a trial
I’ve been tried and tested and it took a while
But I’ve discovered that only with trust
my life gains renewed momentum and thrust.
Chorus

You have placed a new song in my heart
You have granted me a brand new start
Emptiness has been filled up with love
consistently replenished from above.
Chorus

Original poem/song by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs to receive regular updates by email, by simply registering your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment